Happy Friday, everyone!
I’m still getting used to being away from my guys, but they seem to be doing okay. Although, when I got home yesterday, Emmett went bonkers, jumping on me, licking me, hopping all around. He got himself so worked up, he made himself throw up. 🙁 I feel so terrible… but thank goodness for our dog walkers/affection givers!
A few links to share with you this week:
- Only 6 weeks and a couple days left on the postcard deadline! We had a strong start, and they’re still trickling in, but I know we can get more! Encourage your friends, spread this around your networks! Let’s work together to #endBSL!
- Purina and Kroger are giving away $150,000 to shelters across the US, and they’re filming a TV show about the human-animal bond. Go to Tales for the Pet Lover’s Heart to share your pet’s story for a chance to get on TV and vote for your favorite shelter to receive their donation.
- There’s a bill in California (where else?) on pet health insurance reform. It’s interesting to me because only one million pets have health insurance, so I’m wondering if the reform is even necessary? Or could it get more people to purchase insurance for their pets?
Some shameless self-promotion:
- I was lucky enough to be included on Grouchy Puppy in their Influence Positively questionnaire! I just love this site and was so excited to be included!
- This week, I researched responsible pet retailers who give back to the animal community. It’s so worthwhile to shop with organizations that support animal welfare!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend relaxing and playing with your pups! I’m taking the boys up to my parents’ so they can romp with their good buddy Otto. I’m hoping the visit will tire them out so that next week will hopefully be easier than this week was.
What about you? Any fun weekend plans?