Howdy! Welcome to my round-up of summer must haves for you and for your pet!
As you guys know, I see a lot of pet products. Oh, so many! I write about what’s new and trending for Pet Age Magazine, and I write about products for a couple brands, and I write about pet products here… Companies send us things to try and test, and sometimes I love them so much, I HAVE to write about them. So, I figured, why not share my faves? I went through my current list of tops (there’s a clear safety theme here, btw) to share with you.
Let’s start at the top left and work our way around!
1. Chuckit! Ultra Sling and Ultra Dart. Oh, man. I know some of you have dogs like Cooper: intense energy, a strong play drive, and a love of chewing! This is your solution. The sling helps you throw the dart SUPER far, giving your little athlete the change to run. it. down. It’s seriously the perfect thing to burn off all that energy. There are a bunch of different darts, too, so you can mix it up. The one we use is “rugged” but there’s also one designed for spin, one for speed, one to float, and a wing-shaped one. Start with the sling kit! And find them on Facebook. (Also, psssst: Chuckit! has very generously offered to give one set away! Yippee! So, click here to enter a Rafflecopter giveaway! Thanks, Chuckit!!)
2. Icebug Mist Trail Running Shoe. Now that I’m “running” with Cooper, I’m more aware of my footwear than ever before! Plus, we’ve been trying to head out for a hike every Saturday, and I realized quickly that a lightweight, sturdy shoe like this one was key… to not falling on my face. According to the brand, “Icebug’s RB9X rubber sole for extra traction on dry and wet surfaces so you stay sure-footed every step of the way.” Yep. Available for men and women. Check them out on Facebook!
3. Kidde RemoteLync. You know those incredible stories about dogs–and sometimes cats–saving their owners in a fire? Those stories always blow me away… then fill me with panic. One of my recurring fears has always been what would happen to the herd if the fire happened when we weren’t home? I know you can get the stickers for your window to alert first responders, but that never felt like enough. Enter Kidde. The RemoveLync system is a tiny box that plugs into an outlet and detects smoke or carbon monoxide alarms, then sends an alert to your phone. Brilliant, right? Peace of mind for less than $100. It’s simple enough, even Emmett could program it. (Actually, I wanted to show size… that’s it plugged into the outlet behind Em’s bed. Tiny!) Check out Kidde on Facebook!
4. NiteDawg LED Light-up Collar and Leash. I’ve mentioned these as a favorite product before, and it’s worth mentioning again. If you walk when it’s dark or even dusky out, these are a must! There are some crazy drivers out there, especially since so many drivers are distracted by their phones (sigh) that being well-lit will keep your dog safe! It’s so hot during the day all summer that walking early morning or late night is sometimes the only option, and in the winter it’s dark all the time. These are worth the investment for your dog’s safety. Available in red and orange. Check out NiteIze on Facebook.
5. Earth Rated Poop Bags. Is it weird to love a poop bag? Because I love these poop bags. I really prefer the unscented variety to the lavender, but that’s just personal preference. The inside core and the packaging is made from recycled materials. The bags themselves break down quicker than a traditional plastic bag, which cuts down on the tons of poop bags sitting un-degrading at our landfills. The white-colored bags (vs the green ones) are made from a vegetable material. And, they’re inexpensive! 18 rolls for $12! Visit Earth Rated on Facebook.
So, there ya have it! My Top 5 Summer Must-Haves for Pets and People! Thanks for checking out all the awesome companies.
Now get out there and have a fun weekend, everyone!