This rambling post brought to you by Finals Week! And Emmett stress! And Cooper stress! And too much coffee! Way, way, way too much coffeeee!
I teach two writing classes each semester at the local community college. This week is the last week of the semester, which means frantic grading of all the work they “forgot” to turn in earlier in the semester, plus final projects in one class (2000 words times 15 students…) and administering the final exam in the other class tonight. And grading it all tomorrow.
So, a handful of updates:
- The update about Emmett is… there’s no update. The oncology resident called on Friday to say that, turns out, the sample size wasn’t big enough. He’s going to call our local vet to discuss. Two possible courses of action: wait and see (which I HATE) or surgically remove it (which I also HATE). I’ll keep ya posted, but in the meantime, thank you all for the wishes and positivity!
- We’re still testing different ingredients for Cooper, but I can say – most assuredly – that dairy is NOT an option. I tried cottage cheese. Let’s just say… actually, no… let’s not say. I need to put that one behind me. Shudder.
- On another Cooper note, and unrelated to the cottage cheese incident because it happened the day before, he is no longer tremor-free. After months of no tremors, he had a prolonged one super early in the morning. Which got me thinking that maybe he hasn’t actually been tremor-free after all. Now that it’s cold, he’s been waiting until 3 or 4 am to climb into bed with me. He’s all knees and elbows, so it wakes me up every night. This particular morning was closer to 5 am, and he draped himself across my legs. I thought he was licking his feet, so I sat up to say something like, “OK. If you wake me up every dang night, the least you can do is not lick yourself on top of me!” But, instead, I saw the shaking. So, now I’m wondering if he hasn’t been not tremoring after all, but rather tremoring overnight/early morning when I wouldn’t notice? And since he had literally just woken me up, I was more cognizant? Hm.
- A few of the gift guide prizes were inadvertently shipped to me instead of the winners. Sigh. I’ve been getting everything organized to ship out, and I tossed this box on my desk. Newt moved in. She seriously hasn’t left it today. I think she lives there now.
It’s kind of nice knowing exactly where she is versus when I was wrapping Christmas gifts over the weekend and kept shutting her in the storage closet. Oops.
- Finally, I spent a big chunk of the weekend cooking and baking, and I whipped up a Christmas cookie recipe for the boys for my next guest post on Positively! I’ll share it when it’s live, but here’s a sneak peek at my “helpers” helping me clean peanut butter off a spatula!
Hope you had a lovely weekend and that your week is off to a great start!
Now, to go make another pot of coffee….