We are frantically finishing up our time here in Houma. Today is John’s last day at his lab. And, sadly/coincidentally, his car died died a couple weeks ago. We were holding out hope, but he went to the mechanic’s to clean it out this morning. Plus, the packing. Oh, the packing (you know that stage where you give up on sorting and just start throwing sh!# in boxes…).
In all the chaos, I realized: I haven’t shared a status update of Emmett’s bucket list!! So, each of the items are below, and those that I’ve already posted about are linked. We’re making GREAT progress, but – most importantly – we’ve had so much FUN! More to come for sure, but as of today here’s where we are.
Emmett’s Bucket List: Top 10
1. Eat a steak dinner. Done before we made the official list, so… we’re gonna do it again! Emmett won’t protest! 😉
2. Be a Pinups for Pitbulls male model. DONE!
3. Get his very own Rupert (his favorite stuffie).
4. Go for a night out at a restaurant… DONE!
4.5 … followed by a froyo.
5. Swim at the beach. DONE! Best day ever!!
6. Enjoy a picnic in the park (without his brothers).
7. Wear a bowtie to a party in his honor. DONE! But I just realized I never wrote a post about it! I’ll get on it!
8. Host a fundraiser for a charity TDB.
9. Capture his spirit in a portrait. DONE! Look for the incredible details very soon!
10. Embark on an Epic Road Trip! DONE!
Every single one of those items has been so fun to do with my best bud. We still have a few more to go before I start expanding the list! 🙂 I’ll put together posts of the ones that are already past and be sure to track the rest going forward.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! See ya’ from Indiana next week! BTW, I’ll be tracking our 15ish hour drive with 4 dogs + Newt on Instagram and Facebook… follow along! And, heck, make it interesting: I’ll be taking bets on who pulls his or her hair out first! 😉