I had a handful of updates, but I didn’t think any of them warranted a full post. Plus, it’s been nutso around here for the past couple weeks. I’m thinking in bullets again, so here goes…
1. Emmett’s been having some health issues. First, he had a staph infection on his skin (blech) and now the vet fears this bump on his thorax might be a mast cell tumor. He has surgery on Monday. Think happy thoughts!
2. We got THE BEST surprise in the mail last week. There’s a sneak peek below, but there will be a full review and giveaway forthcoming. Holy moly. I’m so excited!
3. The monthly newsletter is going out on Thursday. Lotsa fun stuff in this one (including another giveaway of my new favorite pet product). If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can do so here.
4. All throughout April, BarkBox is doing some epic fundraising. I got to nominate my fave rescue – Friends of Homeless Animals in Virginia, which is where we got Emmett. There are TONS of super simple ways to earn donations (like tweeting with a hashtag and so on), which I’ll be sharing with you guys starting tomorrow. If you’ve been considering BarkBox April is the time! But you don’t have to subscribe to earn donations from tweets. More info to come…
5. I received a lot of questions about the shirt-whipping-off situation, and I have to be honest… that is actually my go-to move for catching puke. I mean, unless we have company over or something. Here’s why: I don’t have to scrub the carpet. All I have to do is toss the shirt in the wash and that’s that. If you can think of a better way to catch barf on the fly, please share in the comments. Unless you’re never faced with those situations, in which case… I’m jealous.
6. Do you guys watch Pit Bulls and Parolees on Animal Planet? If not, you totally should. Such a good show! Well… in a few weeks, John and I are going to spend the day up there volunteering. So excited! I’ll let you know how it goes!
7. Confession: We totally failed at Relaxation Protocol for March. We did one day. Sigh.
8. I had promised Reactive Rover updates… Due to back-to-back unforeseen circumstances, the last two weeks were cancelled. I do promise to share what we learn! Just need to figure out when our next class is going to be!
9. I’m sort of out of updates, but a list of 8 seemed weird to me. Um… we’re having beautiful weather and spent the whole weekend outside. Turns out, Molly is a champion Lizard Huntress. Blech.
10. Actually, a list of 9 seems weird, too. So here’s 10!
Thanks for sticking with me on this one. 🙂
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and are geared up for a great week ahead!