This is one of those weeks that has gotten the best of me. I’m behind on, basically, everything! 🙂
Instead of a coherent paragraph, here’s a list that summarizes my monkey brain and the week behind:
- Newt had her first annual! She sailed through it. Picture of health (minus a little tartar on her back teeth… we’re getting an additive for her water because, honestly, there’s no way we’re brushing this cat’s teeth) and good behavior. Afterward, she stayed in her crate and snuggled her teddy for 24 hours, refusing to eat dinner or breakfast, and just generally giving me a heart attack. She was fine. I think she was just upset.
- I had a wonderful lunch in New Orleans yesterday with Flea from Jones Natural Chews. She’s just lovely and knows the best places to eat! I love meeting blog friends in real life!
- Emmett had his follow-up test for his thyroid today, and – thank goodness – the medication brought his T4 levels back to normal. We’re going to keep him on the med and retest in a few months. This is all new to us. Have any of you dealt with thyroid issues?
- I’m frantically putting the finishing touches on the gift guide. If you’ve been following along on Facebook, you saw that it had 18 gift recommendations (and giveaways! including a particular item that might/maybe/could be pictured above) but somehow, in the last two days, I’ve added several more items! WHEW! This is going to be fun.
- Halloween was a total bust (thank goodness! ha!) because it started pouring 15 minutes after the official start. We had a total of three kids come by, so now we have 175 pieces of candy. Which I will eat. In the end, it was a relief because we didn’t have to have the poor dogs crazy stressed all night. How did your night end up?
- Lastly, don’t forget to change your clocks this weekend! I think for all us dog people, it’s sort of a nightmare, right? Or is it just my dogs who get utterly thrown off because their sense of time is dictated by when they have to eat and when they have to poo?
I’m supposed to be doing some client work right now, but… thinking I’m going to clean my desk and knock off early to head outside with my boys! Nothing like long dog walks to clear a foggy head, right?
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!