The pet-blogging community is abuzz with BlogPaws prep posts, and while I was thinking through all I was doing to prepare Cooper for BlogPaws, it occurred to me: Maybe I need to prepare BlogPaws for Cooper! So, here goes.
10 things BlogPaws attendees should know about Cooper!
- He is even cuter in person than he is in pictures. I’m just saying. Be prepared to be overcome by his cuteness.
- Cooper smiles. At everyone. He gets so happy and excited, so if you see a mouthful of Cooper’s pearly whites, trust me: He loves you, he’s happy to see you, he’s most definitely not growling!
- His allergies aren’t fully under control, so I’ll have tons of hypoallergenic treats on me in case anyone wants to give him one. He will gladly give you a high five in exchange for a piece of duck jerky!
- He snores. Loudly. Like an old man. I’m sorry for whoever has a room next to ours.
- If you have your dog there, and if Cooper sees your dog, he will do one of two things: go into a play bow with his butt in the air and a furiously wagging tail, OR he will go into full-on crouch mode, ready to pounce and play. Seriously, he wants to play with every single dog he sees and does everything he can to invite play.
- Cooper is a jumper. Sigh. I apologize in advance. All I can say is we’re working on it. If he jumps on you, please feel free to turn your back or ignore him… all in the name of training!
- “Get picture taken with Rescue Ink” is the first item on Cooper’s bucket list, so we’re going to be trying to make that one happen for sure! 🙂
- Sometimes his ears get stuck in funny positions. This isn’t directly pertinent to BlogPaws, I suppose, but it’s pretty funny. And adorable.
- Cooper is a really good boy, though he’s definitely still a puppy! His attention span is super short… I’m curious to see how this plays out, but I’m thinking the doggy day care is going to be so good for him!
- This is the first time he’s going to be away from his brothers for longer than, say, a trip to the pet store. He’s going to miss them, I’m sure, but I’m confident he’s going to have a complete blast!