As I was singing to the boys this morning, it hit me: John and I do some pretty weird things with the dogs. Here are five of the weirder things we do around our dogs.
- Sing. I’ll admit: This one is mostly me, less John. I make up silly songs to sing to the boys as we go about our day. There’s the “good morning” song. Then there’s the “Lucas is a good dog” song. Then there’s the “Emmett is my best friend” song.
- Voices. We do a range of voices for the boys. Sometimes we talk as them, other times we just talk in strange voices to them. Mostly, they sound like South Park characters. (As an aside, I’m trying to find the perfect SP clips that represent each dog. This may be a future post…)
- Mess with their ears. This is involuntary. I just can’t help myself. Especially with Lucas’ ears.
- Tickle their feet. Have you ever oh-so-gently ticked the fur between their toes? If not, try it. Seriously. It’s hysterical.
- Smell them when they’re asleep. It can’t just be these three, but when they’re sound asleep they sort of smell like Fritos. I love the smell of sleeping pups.
We can’t be the only ones who do weird things like this, right?? What weird things do you do around your dog?