1. Cooper has doubled in size since he got here two weeks ago. Seriously. He weighed 6.2 pounds the day we brought him home. Today, two weeks later, he weighs 12.2.
2. Emmett is feeling much, much better. Thank you all so much for the kind words and wishes. His special diet is working for him, he’s not barfing, and he’s even playing with Lucas and Cooper a bit. We go back to have his liver enzyme levels checked again in a couple weeks.
3. Even though I really love Twitter, I’ve discovered that when I get super busy with work, it’s the first to go, followed by Facebook, and, sadly, followed by blog posts. The next couple weeks are super busy. Boo.
4. This. This just melts me.
5. Last night, just after midnight, Cooper woke up and started playing with his toys in his crate. Training dilemma: We’re trying to build up really positive experiences with his crate, so playing with his toys – instead of crying or peeing – is a huge improvement. But it was after midnight. What would you do? Stare at the ceiling and let him play? Or take the toys away?
6. We’re gearing up for next week’s big roadtrip out east. Three dogs in the car for 12 hours. I may not come back in one piece. Or sane. (It’s actually a 10-hour drive, but with all the dog-related stops, it takes 12.)
7. Cooper thinks he’s a big boy.
8. This? This also melts me.
Lucas takes up this entire bed. You know, when Cooper doesn’t kick him out of it.
9. Regarding the aforementioned road trip, does anyone have any podcasts they recommend? I heard the Victoria Stilwell one is pretty good, though I haven’t downloaded it yet. Any suggestions?
10. That’s actually it. I don’t have anything else to say, but I felt weird with a list of nine things. Hope you’re having a great start to your week!