Currently, Lucas is one tired dog:
And so is Emmett:
I love when the boys are this tired because I can get so much work done, but this level of exhaustion is nearly impossible to achieve with two fun-loving, energetic dogs. But since Thursday, we’ve kept them incredibly busy. So here are my fool-proof 10 ways to tire out your dog! (Click on the images to enlarge.)
1. Have a friend over! Scout came over to play with the boys on Thursday. Just adding a new playmate into the mix keeps them busy all day.
2. On a nice day, break out the hose. It’s sort of like a brand-new toy.
3. Of course, if your dog isn’t fond of water, there’s always rolling around in the dirt.
4. Once the backyard loses its luster, head out for a hike. All the sights and smells keep them captivated and busy!
5. Long days playing outside are perfect for doggy ice cream, too.
6. Invite some more friends over like Cady and Bella.
7. Start a game of tug-o-war! It’s not easy to get three dogs into the game, but someone can serve as the ref.
8. Or just keep wrestling.
9. It’s important to stay hydrated! And drinking water as a group seems like a fun activity.
10. But sometimes it’s just nice to sit with a friend and watch the birds.
And that is how you get two very tired pups!
What did you do this weekend?