Did you know: Every year, Pantone–“the world-renowned authority on color”–names the color of the year!
This year, I was super stoked to see the color experts name Ultra Violet the 2018 color of the year. Obviously, right? We’ve already decided our sweet Violet’s super hero name is (obviously) Ultra Violet!
But, you’ll see the color crop all everywhere in design, products, and trends. I started to wonder, since Newt’s color has always been purple–purple collar, purple harness, purple carrier, purple ID tag, etc.–what other trendy pet products could I find in the color of the year?
Turns out, well, not a ton. So, I pulled together some of my faves to share!
First, what is Ultra Violet? According to Pantone, “A dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade, PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future.”
OhMyDogBlog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Same thing with Etsy. Thank you so much for your support.
- Namaste home with my cat. There’s a dog one, too, and my birthday’s right around the corner!
- Flannel dog bandana. Honestly, it’s a missed opportunity not to have a matching one for me.
- Sherpa Deluxe pet carrier. This is the exact one we have for Newt. I got it years ago as a press sample, and it has not failed us. Durable, cute, smart pockets, it’s really the best carrier we’ve used… and it’s gotten some mileage! (I think we tried ~3 others before landing on this!)
- Slow feeder. We have a ton of slow bowls for Coop but none with this unique design.
- Kurgo Loft jacket. We’re big fans of Kurgo products around here, and this one’s reversible and reflective–perfect for running with Coop during these dark winter months!
A super basic leash in Ultra Violet would definitely stand out at the dog park!
And, of course, you can’t forget the pickup bags!
Finally, for the dog walker, I only recently discovered the treasure trove of Fitbit replacement bands on Etsy (who knew??) and while I was searching for one, I stumbled upon this in close-to Ultra Violet:
(Full disclosure, I did NOT buy that one… or any silicone ones. I went nuts and bought this one, and OMG I’m so in love.)
So, there you have it! I’m generally not one to be super on top of trends, but I just thought Ultra Violet was SO fun and so appropriate that I just had to jump onto this one!
Question (sparked from a fun FB discussion): Does your pet have his or her own “color”? It’s lucky in this case that all Newt’s stuff is in various purple hues! Do you plan to pick up an Ultra Violet pet product this year?