Giveaway winners and BSL campaign FAQs!
Last week brought in a bunch of postcards – thank you, everyone, for your hard work! The giveaway ended last night at 5 PM EST. There were a total of 10 entries, and I used random.org to determine the winners. And now, drumroll please!
The first winner:
Comment #3! Annemieke, congratulations! You win the Seventh Generation pet-safe cleaning products. I just know you will love them. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address, and I can’t wait to hear what you think of the products!
The second winner:
Comment #8! Cari, congratulations! You win the PawSafe pet-safe cleaning product prize! Email me your address to email@example.com, and I’ll get the prize right out to you!
If for some reason either one of the prizes goes unclaimed by next Tuesday, 8 AM EST, I’ll hold another drawing. For those of you who didn’t win, don’t worry! I have a handful of giveaways lined up for the summer.
Update on the Campaign to End BSL: Operation Denver
- I’ve received $135 in donations, which will pay for more than 500 postcards! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- Speaking of postcards, in the first two weeks, I’ve received nearly 30! Very exciting! Keep spreading the word through your networks!! Also, if you’re on Facebook, Oh My Dog! finally has a page!! Please become a fan and encourage your pet-friendly networks to create postcards, too!
- And the campaign has been featured by organizations I greatly admire, and I am incredibly honored: Best Friends, Stop BSL, KC Dog Blog, and Scratchings & Sniffings.
- Thanks to everyone for your support, encouragement, Facebook “liking,” and #endBSL tweeting! We are definitely getting there! Let’s keep up the momentum!
- I’ve been adding links to the End BSL Link Library. If you have one to add, please leave me a comment!
Some Campaign FAQs
Over the last two weeks, I’ve received a handful of questions more than once, so I wanted to go ahead and address those today! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any more questions than what I’ve covered here!
- Do you have to live in Denver to participate?
Absolutely not! In fact, putting a national voice to this campaign is even more crucial as Mayor Hickenlooper will be running for governor of Colorado. It’s urgent that we provide a voice for the dogs and dog owners before he gets to state level! (That being said, the state is opposed to any BSL, and even if he wins as governor, the citizens of Colorado would not support state-wide BSL. Hmm.. Perhaps that’s a great point to make in our postcards!! )
- Can you send more than one?
Yes, yes, yes! Send as many as you would like!
- I want to craft mine. Can I send it in the mail?
Of course! In fact, I’m really excited because someone emailed me to say she’s creating hers in watercolor. I can’t wait to see those! In order to make the biggest splash in Denver, though, all the postcards will be sent at once. So if you’re going to handcraft your postcard, simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get my mailing address!
- Is there a Mac version of the template?
There is now, thanks to Emily on Facebook! You can grab it here MacPostcard-TemplateMac, and it’s going on the main campaign tab, too.
- What’s going on with the donations?
It’s going to cost just over $0.20 per postcard to print and mail. The donations are to offset the cost of the printing! If I end up with more than the cost of printing, the remaining sum will be donated to a rescue. One fabulous postcard creator suggested Colorado Pit Bull Rescue, which seems like a great fit!
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me! And keep those postcards coming in to email@example.com!
Thank you so, so much to every single one of you – this is a community effort, and I know we can make it happen!