BSL campaign update and giveaways!
When the Campaign to End BSL launched last week, I received a bunch of postcards and donations – $105 in total! – within the first few days. To keep that momentum going, I’ll be holding giveaways to entice everyone to keep submitting! But before we get to that, a couple updates:
- I’m posting updates and postcards to the Facebook page. Head on over there and click “like” to keep receiving up-to-the-minute updates!
- The End BSL link library is up and running HERE. If you have a blog post to add, please leave the link in the comments!
And now for the giveaways!! As you may already know, I love to clean, and I love having a clean, picked-up house. But with Emmett and Lucas, I’m always concerned about the cleaning products that I use. (Is it just my dogs who lick every single thing in sight?) So when I had the opportunity to test out two different lines of cleaning products that are non only pet-safe, but are also eco-friendly, I couldn’t have been more excited!
I’m slightly obsessed with Seventh Generation. I use a ton of their products – trash bags, laundry detergent, dish soap – and when they reached out to ask if I wanted to try out their new EPA registered disinfectants, I was beyond excited. The disinfectants are thyme-based, so they’re really pet-safe and gentle. Plus, they smell divine. I tested out the wipes in the car, which is a real trial because the backseat is usually covered in fur and drool, and they got the job done. The kitchen and bathroom cleaners, too, cleaned really well and left those rooms smelling like thyme. And, lastly, Seventh Generation is an amazing company with an impressive corporate responsibility mission. I will continue to obsess over and purchase their products because I know my money is supporting an admirable organization. Check them out; I think you’ll fall in love, too!
PawSafe cleaners were, as the name suggests, created especially for pet owners. The products are both pet- and kid-safe, and there’s even a cleaner specifically for toys that dogs and kids tend to shove in their mouths. When they sent me the box to test out, the first thing I tried was the window cleaner. Lucas tends to spend his days peering out all the windows in our house, and they’re all covered in noseprints, which are really tough to get off after they’ve dried. With a little elbow grease, the PawSafe window cleaner got all the prints off all the windows. The best part is, unlike chemical-based cleaners, I felt confident that the next time Lucas smooshed his face against the window, he wouldn’t be getting anything toxic up his nose. Also, I felt that the ingredients were safe enough to use outside on my patio furniture. I avoid using chemicals outdoors because I don’t want them running into my yard where the boys play and doze, but the multi-surface cleaner worked and worked safely.
And now for the giveaway! Both Seventh Generation and PawSafe so generously offered to giveaway a product sample to a reader! Here’s how to enter:
- I will use random.org to select two winners – one for each product!
- To enter to win, there’s a little catch: You need to either create an End BSL postcard or tweet with the official #endBSL hashtag!
- After you’ve submitted a postcard or tweeted, come back here to leave a comment that you did so – the winner will be drawn from the comments, so this is an important step!! (If you’ve already created a postcard or tweeted, you can either do another one or just leave a comment to be entered to win.)
- The contest starts today and runs until 5 PM EST on Monday, May 31, giving you a week to get tweeting and creating!